How do I set up topRopes ?? What do I do at the chains/anchor after a sport lead ??
What are self rescue Skills??? How can I build safe rope climbing systems for my friends and family ??
How can I set up a top rope without lead climbing ??
- Terrain assessment,
- Climbing site considerations, leave no trace, climbing etiquette to others
- Ground anchors and back up belayers
- Review of equipment (ropes, cords, various carabiners, harnesses)
- Using bolts and slings to create TR anchors
- Using a static line to create a TR system
- Personal anchor systems, tether lines or belays to set up TR
- Prequalized climbing anchors
- Self equalized climbing anchors
- Lowering techniques for climbers
How to Properly Use Climbing Protection
- Terrain assessment, micro and macro rock features
- Good gear placements and improper gear placements
- Cleaning and retrieving equipment
- Set traditional (clean climbing) protection such as slings, nuts, spring loaded camming devices (SLCDs), hexes, bolts, tricams, and various gear
- Understanding of chords, runners, slings, webbing, ropes, and how to use them properly.
- Build pre and self equalized climbing anchors.
- Build more anchors, and build a few more anchors!!
- How to ascend Rope
- How to escape the belay
- How to transfer the load
- How to Rappel with an injured climber
- How to rescue a top rope climber
Half Day (4 hours)
1 person for $185
2 people $ 275
3 people $ 345
4-6 people – $80 per each additional person
Full Day (8 hours)
1 person $325
2 people $ 500
3 people $ 650
4-6 people – $95 per each additional person
All Clinics are scheduled by appointment.Book Now